Terms and Conditions:
This Terms and Conditions ("Statement") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with the UWPIAA site. By using, accessing, or becoming a member of the UWPIAA site, you agree to this Statement.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on the UWPIAA site, and you can control how we share your content through your privacy and application settings. In order for us to use certain types of content and provide you with the UWPIAA site, you agree to the following:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, including but not limited to photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with the UWPIAA site ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account (except to the extent your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it).
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that deleted content may remain in backup copies for a reasonable period of time, but will not be available to others.
- You are welcome to provide feedback or other suggestions about the UWPIAA site, but you understand that we may use your feedback and suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
While we do our best to keep the UWPIAA site safe, we cannot guarantee it. In order to help keep the site state, you agree to the following:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications to users, such as spam.
- You will not collect users' information, or otherwise access the UWPIAA site, either manually or using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not collect users’ information for your own commercial purposes.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user, on the UWPIAA site or otherwise.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use the UWPIAA site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
4. Registration and Account Security
By using this site, you agree to the following relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on the UWPIAA site, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
In order to help protect privacy rights, you agree to the following:
- You will not post content or take any action on the UWPIAA site that infringes someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content you post on the UWPIAA site if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial or personal information on the UWPIAA site.
- We can change this Statement and we will provide you notice through the UWPIAA site (unless you opt-out of such notice).
- We will generally give you a minimum of 5 days notice for changes made herein.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons at our discretion without notice.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing access to all or part of the UWPIAA site to you. We will generally try to notify you, but have no obligation to do so. We can also stop providing access to, close down, or remove the UWPIAA site at any time without notice for business, financial, legal or other reasons and shall have no liability to any user or member for doing so. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. Except as otherwise specified herein, UWPIAA has no obligations to any user or member to continue any account or membership.
8. Business Directory Listings, Enhanced Listings, and Links to Third Party Websites
The UWPIAA site enables members to list their business in the Business Directory.
The following conditions apply to directory listings and enhancements, which conditions may be amended at any time:
- The detailed description of the business in the directory listing must directly relate to the content on the landing page of the website URL specified in the listing.
- The detailed description must clearly state and accurately represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not intentionally or recklessly insult a user or member of the UWPIAA site.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not contain, facilitate or promote adult content or pornography, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive, provocative, or sexual.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not contain, facilitate or promote offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene, or inappropriate language.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not contain, facilitate or promote defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content.
- UWPIAA has the sole discretion to remove or refuse to allow any directory listing or enhancement for any reason. But UWPIAA will not reject or remove any listing or enhancement for any unlawful discriminatory reason. UWPIAA does not discriminate based on race, age, religion, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, sex or gender identity.
- In addition to the above guidelines, UWPIAA reserves the right to require and enforce additional guidelines or limitations for any directory listing or enhancements on a case-by-case basis, on any specific product or service, or any type or kind of product or service.
- Unless specifically agreed to in writing by UWPIAA, a member’s directory listing and the allowance of any enhancements does not in any way indicate or imply UWPIAA’s endorsement or promotion of any member’s business, product or service, nor does it indicate or imply that UWPIAA agrees with any comments, statements, positions, or claims made by any member or their business. Unless specifically agreed to in writing, no member shall state in any directory listing, enhancement, website, or advertising that UWPIAA uses, endorses or, promotes the member’s business, product, or service.
- You can request that UWPIAA remove your business directory enhancements or the entire business directory listing, or you may choose to remove it yourself.
- You will bring any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or the UWPIAA site in a state or federal court located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado. The laws of the State of Colorado will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado, for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Before bringing any claim in any state or federal court, you are required to provide us notice of the claim and allow UWPIAA thirty (30) days to resolve the claim.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions or your content on the UWPIAA site, you will indemnify and hold the UWPIAA and its Board of Governors harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. If you bring a lawsuit in any state or federal court against us and you are not the prevailing party, you agree to pay all costs and attorneys fees incurred by us in defending that lawsuit.
- WE TRY TO KEEP THE UWPIAA SITE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THE UWPIAA SITE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE UWPIAA SITE WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. UWPIAA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR CONTENT OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE UWPIAA, ITS BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND ITS AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR THE UWPIAA SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR THE UWPIAA SITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, UWPIAA LIABILITY, IF ANY, WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- By "the UWPIAA site " we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website, www.uwpiaa.com and any other UWPIAA branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, and mobile versions); and (b) platforms, media, devices or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "us," "we" and "our" we mean UWPIAA and its Board of Governors. By “You” we mean any user or member of the UWPIAA site.
- By "Platforms" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable applications, developers, operators or services to retrieve data from the UWPIAA site and provide data to us relating to users of the UWPIAA site.
- By "content" we mean the content and information you post on the UWPIAA site, including information about you and the actions you take.
- By "post" we mean post on the UWPIAA site or otherwise make available to us.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding the UWPIAA site, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
We adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes. Because of the Up With People International Alumni Association's affiliation with Up with People, and your status as an Alumni of Up with People, we share information with Up with People, which information may include your personally identifiable information. This sharing of information is consistent with the UWPIAA Bylaws, in which one purpose of the Up with People International Alumni Association is to impact the ongoing mission of Up with People.
- We do not share your contact information with anyone outside of UWPIAA.org members (alumni) or Up with People without your consent.
If you use the UWPIAA service after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices.
Personal Information Collected
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
In order to use the member features of the UWPIAA site, you must first register to activate your account. To register, you are required to provide the following contact information, which you recognize and expressly acknowledge is personal information allowing others, including UWPIAA, to identify you: name, email address, street address, country, ZIP/postal code, phone number , your primary cast affiliation, and a password chosen by you.
Once you become a Member with an registered account, you may provide additional information in the Profile section providing additional personal information. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration to become a Member is entirely optional. Any information you provide at account registration or in the Profile section that is not personally identifiable may be used in the same manner and extent to which other information that is not personally identifiable is permitted to be used hereunder.
One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you’ve logged in to your UWPIAA account. The next time you visit the UWPIAA site, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing Member so you will not need to log in before using the service. In order to access or change any of your private information or to send a message to another Member, however, you must log in securely again with your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie.
Additionally, if you log out of the UWPIAA site you will need to re-enter your password the next time you visit in order to log in to your account. Another type of cookie, called a “session” cookie, is used to identify a particular visit to the UWPIAA website. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser.
Log files, IP addresses and information about your computer
Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when you visit the UWPIAA web site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave UWPIAA. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, as well as the name of your ISP. UWPIAA may use this information to analyze overall trends to help us improve the UWPIAA service. The linkage between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third-parties without your permission or except when required by law.
Consent to UWPIAA Processing Information About You
Rights to Access, Correct and Eliminate Information About You
You have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data about you which has been collected pursuant to your decision to become a Member. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information which you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented herein.
Uses of personal information
The personally identifiable information you choose to provide on our website is used to help you connect with other Members. Other information, that does not personally identify you as an individual, is collected by UWPIAA from Members (such as, for example, patterns of utilization) and is exclusively owned by UWPIAA. This information can be utilized by UWPIAA in such manner as UWPIAA, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
UWPIAA will communicate with you through email and notices posted on the UWPIAA site or through other means available through the service, including text and other forms of messaging. Please be aware that you will always receive certain emails from UWPIAA related to the proper functioning of your account. UWPIAA may send you other messages unless you have opted out of receiving such information. You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by logging into your account and amending your email notification choices.
Information provided to UWPIAA may also be used to customize your experience on our website.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes. We will only share your personally identifiable information with third parties to carry out your instructions or to provide specific services or information.
Notwithstanding the above, because of the Up With People International Alumni Association's affiliation with Up with People, and your status as an Alumnus/a of Up with People, we do share information with Up with People, which information may include your personally identifiable information. This sharing of information is consistent with the UWPIAA Bylaws, in which one purpose of the Up with People International Alumni Association is to impact the ongoing mission of Up with People.
Surveys and Polls
As a Member, you will receive requests to participate in market research including polls and surveys. If you participate in surveys and polls offered through our website, the information you provide may be visible to others using the UWPIAA site.
If you use a bulletin board, forum, create a business directory listing, import a blog, or participate in a group or chat room on UWPIAA, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there can be read, collected, or used by other Members of these forums, as well as other third parties in some cases, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. UWPIAA is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Communications to other Users
Many emails you initiate through UWPIAA, will list your email address and name in the header of the message. Other communications that you initiate through the UWPIAA site will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal contact information. Your contact information is, by default, visible to all registered Members (alumni) of the UWPIAA site. At your option, you may limit who can see your profile information by changing the privacy setting on your profile to “friends only.” You may do this by logging in to the site and modifying the setting in the “Privacy” section on your personal profile (at this link: http://www.uwpiaa.org/index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=privacy&Itemid=48).
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, such as responses to civil or criminal subpoenas, or other requests by law enforcement personnel. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, subpoena, or other legal process or request to UWPIAA brought in any country throughout the world, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Your Information Choices
Accessing and Changing Your Account Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make any desired changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your UWPIAA account including your email, and contact preferences, at any time by logging in to your account on the UWPIAA site. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, UWPIAA may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
When you register with UWPIAA, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on UWPIAA. An important feature of the UWPIAA site is to allow sharing of information with others while providing you with the option to apply privacy settings that restrict other users from accessing your information. You can use the privacy settings to allow access or deny access to your profile and other information and content that you may post. By default, your profile and contact information is visible to any other member of the UWPIAA site. When you use UWPIAA, certain information you post or share with third parties, such as personal information, comments, messages, photos, videos, or other information, may be shared with other users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, photos, videos, or other items, this information may become publicly available, depending on the privacy settings you select for you profile.
Closing Your Account
As a member or user of the UWPIAA site, you have certain obligations toward the other users and Members of the UWPIAA site. Certain of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members, such as UWPIAA:
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information which may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic or which may otherwise violate the rights, purposes and spirit the UWPIAA site or its Members and users.
- You must not provide information to UWPIAA and /or other members or users which you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person, professional or social status.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account by UWPIAA, as we take these principles seriously and consider them to be the basis on which our Members and users adhere to the UWPIAA site and the services which it offers.
In order to secure your personal information, access to your data on UWPIAA is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information used for the UWPIAA store) is protected via encryption methods when it is exchanged between your web browser and the UWPIAA web site. To protect data stored on our servers, we may also audit or test our system from time to time for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and instant messaging and similar means of communication with other users of UWPIAA are not encrypted and you should not communicate any confidential information through these means.
How to contact us