Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
This Terms and Conditions ("Statement") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with the UWPIAA site. By using, accessing, or becoming a member of the UWPIAA site, you agree to this Statement.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on the UWPIAA site, and you can control how we share your content through your privacy and application settings. In order for us to use certain types of content and provide you with the UWPIAA site, you agree to the following:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, including but not limited to photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with the UWPIAA site ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account (except to the extent your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it).
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that deleted content may remain in backup copies for a reasonable period of time, but will not be available to others.
- You are welcome to provide feedback or other suggestions about the UWPIAA site, but you understand that we may use your feedback and suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
While we do our best to keep the UWPIAA site safe, we cannot guarantee it. In order to help keep the site state, you agree to the following:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications to users, such as spam.
- You will not collect users' information, or otherwise access the UWPIAA site, either manually or using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not collect users’ information for your own commercial purposes.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user, on the UWPIAA site or otherwise.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use the UWPIAA site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
4. Registration and Account Security
By using this site, you agree to the following relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on the UWPIAA site, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
In order to help protect privacy rights, you agree to the following:
- You will not post content or take any action on the UWPIAA site that infringes someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content you post on the UWPIAA site if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial or personal information on the UWPIAA site.
- We can change this Statement and we will provide you notice through the UWPIAA site (unless you opt-out of such notice).
- We will generally give you a minimum of 5 days notice for changes made herein.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons at our discretion without notice.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing access to all or part of the UWPIAA site to you. We will generally try to notify you, but have no obligation to do so. We can also stop providing access to, close down, or remove the UWPIAA site at any time without notice for business, financial, legal or other reasons and shall have no liability to any user or member for doing so. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. Except as otherwise specified herein, UWPIAA has no obligations to any user or member to continue any account or membership.
8. Business Directory Listings, Enhanced Listings, and Links to Third Party Websites
The UWPIAA site enables members to list their business in the Business Directory.
The following conditions apply to directory listings and enhancements, which conditions may be amended at any time:
- The detailed description of the business in the directory listing must directly relate to the content on the landing page of the website URL specified in the listing.
- The detailed description must clearly state and accurately represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not intentionally or recklessly insult a user or member of the UWPIAA site.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not contain, facilitate or promote adult content or pornography, including nudity, sexual terms and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive, provocative, or sexual.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not contain, facilitate or promote offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene, or inappropriate language.
- The directory listing and any enhancements may not contain, facilitate or promote defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content.
- UWPIAA has the sole discretion to remove or refuse to allow any directory listing or enhancement for any reason. But UWPIAA will not reject or remove any listing or enhancement for any unlawful discriminatory reason. UWPIAA does not discriminate based on race, age, religion, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, sex or gender identity.
- In addition to the above guidelines, UWPIAA reserves the right to require and enforce additional guidelines or limitations for any directory listing or enhancements on a case-by-case basis, on any specific product or service, or any type or kind of product or service.
- Unless specifically agreed to in writing by UWPIAA, a member’s directory listing and the allowance of any enhancements does not in any way indicate or imply UWPIAA’s endorsement or promotion of any member’s business, product or service, nor does it indicate or imply that UWPIAA agrees with any comments, statements, positions, or claims made by any member or their business. Unless specifically agreed to in writing, no member shall state in any directory listing, enhancement, website, or advertising that UWPIAA uses, endorses or, promotes the member’s business, product, or service.
- You can request that UWPIAA remove your business directory enhancements or the entire business directory listing, or you may choose to remove it yourself.
- You will bring any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or the UWPIAA site in a state or federal court located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado. The laws of the State of Colorado will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the City and County of Denver, Colorado, for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Before bringing any claim in any state or federal court, you are required to provide us notice of the claim and allow UWPIAA thirty (30) days to resolve the claim.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions or your content on the UWPIAA site, you will indemnify and hold the UWPIAA and its Board of Governors harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. If you bring a lawsuit in any state or federal court against us and you are not the prevailing party, you agree to pay all costs and attorneys fees incurred by us in defending that lawsuit.
- WE TRY TO KEEP THE UWPIAA SITE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THE UWPIAA SITE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE UWPIAA SITE WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. UWPIAA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR CONTENT OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE UWPIAA, ITS BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND ITS AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR THE UWPIAA SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR THE UWPIAA SITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, UWPIAA LIABILITY, IF ANY, WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- By "the UWPIAA site " we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website, www.uwpiaa.com and any other UWPIAA branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, and mobile versions); and (b) platforms, media, devices or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "us," "we" and "our" we mean UWPIAA and its Board of Governors. By “You” we mean any user or member of the UWPIAA site.
- By "Platforms" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable applications, developers, operators or services to retrieve data from the UWPIAA site and provide data to us relating to users of the UWPIAA site.
- By "content" we mean the content and information you post on the UWPIAA site, including information about you and the actions you take.
- By "post" we mean post on the UWPIAA site or otherwise make available to us.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding the UWPIAA site, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.