UWPIAA Year End Updates
The UWPIAA has had a very active 2023!
We wanted to share some updates as we close out the year and look forward to 2024. We are proud of what we’ve accomplished and how the board is working together to bring new opportunities to alumni.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- We had a very successful reunion in July 2023. We were in Scottsdale, Arizona in the States and had over 800 in attendance, including 73 Cast K and T participants with alumni from 17 countries and 48 US states!! Highlights and survey summary data are available here.
- We recognized 7 outstanding alumni for their accomplishments with UWPIAA awards and thanked our many long-time volunteers from the Tucson Host Committee. View our honorees here.
- We launched a Mentoring Program this fall, where alumni can choose to share from their knowledge or learn from another alum. Learn more here.
- And we are looking forward to 2024 as more opportunities become available and Annual Alumni Week debuts. All currently available information is linked to here.
- Nominations for recognition will open early in the year. Consider who you should nominate by reviewing the categories here.
- And there will be travel and learning opportunities like the Anatomy of Peace Study Group and the Journey On UWPIAA Travel programme to Edinburgh, Scotland and London, England.
- The teams all have room for additional alumni to join them. Please reach out here or the “Get Involved” link in our main navigation for additional information.
- Additional information will be shared via social media, our website, and summarized in our newsletter, UpBeat, quarterly.
- Please have a look at the slides below for additional information on what the association is offering for alumni.
These slides summarize our current goals for alumni and what we are are working on, based on what YOU have requested of the alumni association. We will be working on publishing additional information from what each chair shared when speaking about their slides. Look for those additional details in 2024!